New Bloggers Weigh in on the Race for PGH 2009
|July 28, 2009||Posted by Race for PGH under 2009, Pittsburgh|
We have been trying to keep tabs on the Race for PGH 2009 here and noticed that there are some interesting posts from not the usual political bloggers about the upcoming mayoral race. Here are a few of the new blogs who are stepping into the Pittsburgh political blogosphere…
- Politics and Place - A Rare Foray into the Political: If He Loses, This is How He’d Lose
- Let me be perfectly honest. I don’t think Luke will lose. But, I think he couldlose. And if he does, this is how he would lose:
- What Would Vannevar Blog – G-20 in Pittsburgh: Luke’s Real-World Moment
- If I may, the conditions described set the stage but don’t ring the bell; they’renecessary but insufficient. For Luke to not be elected, there needs to be an event, either (1) a significant, understandable scandal (a bag of cash rather than complex financial derivatives), or (2) an obvious failure of leadership attributed to the Mayor’s office.Holy Cow, Batman! What’s that? The G-20 in Pittsburgh on September 24 and 25th? Zowie!
- Pittsburgh Polemics – The Mayor’s Race: Strange Football Connections
- Luke Ravenstahl, the incumbent mayor, rode along with the Pittsburgh Steelers during their Super Bowl Victory parade last February. Camcorder in hand, looking somewhat dwarfed beneath the Steeler’s Quarterback, “Big Ben” Roethlisberger.
Know of any other blogs who are writing about Pittsburgh politics – please share the link below in the comments