Ravenstahl is in. Frankel and Fitzgerald are out. What do you think of Luke’s Website?
|December 6, 2006||Posted by insider under Elections, Location, Pittsburgh|
Summary Article from the Post-Gazette (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06339/743620-53.stm)- Luke Ravenstahl is Running for Mayor
- Mike Doyle is supporting Luke and making a major assumption that Luke, in 3 months has built substantial relationships with state and federal representatives
“We have seen the consequences when we have somebody who can’t work with the state and federal delegation,” said Mr. Doyle, D-Forest Hills, in an obvious reference to Mayor Tom Murphy, who criticized legislators. “I don’t see any reason to break up a great team.”
- Dan Onorato is supporting Luke, a fellow Northsider, and continuing to do what he has always done, play politics
- The O’Connor Family also expressed their support of Luke
- State Rep Dan Frankel will not run for mayor
“This race,” Mr. Frankel said, “will be driven more by issues than by personality.”
- County Council member Rich Fitzgerald will not run for mayor
It has only been 2 days since Luke made his announcement, but the Post-Gazette is hot on the campaign trail with a story about Luke’s website, “Mayor Says election Bandwagon is filling up”. Luke’s website has virtually no content, well actually it has no content. A picture of Luke and a picture of Pittsburgh does not consitute a conversation about Pittsburgh. So far, Frankle is wrong, the race is about personality and the Post-Gazette is doing a great job of reprinting Ravenstahl’s press releases.